Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Trees, trees and more trees




Happy New Year! Yesterday the 1st day of the new year was so beautiful in S. California that I just had to go outside and paint. I don't want to brag here but I think our high was 68 with some high clouds and sun. I have been noticing that I am not happy with my skies in some of my paintings, so I wanted to do some experimenting with some colors and see where I got. The first painting was done looking up into the Eucalyptus trees that are in my front yard. I painted it from my back yard looking over the roof of my house. They are really tall trees. Same as the second painting. The 3rd painting of the palm tree with a skirt is about 4 houses down from me. It had really beautiful light on the left side and grabbed my attention when looking around at all the trees in my neighborhood to paint. The last and my goal was accomplished with the sky, is the frawns on my palm tree in the back yard. All of these paintings are offered for sale at $100.00 ea. unframed, $165.00 framed, oil on canvas board, done with a palate knife. They will be on display at the Banning Center for the Arts, starting Jan. 12, 2008. Enjoy your new year, and enjoy the Art! Terry d. Chacon






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon