Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

PAAR Paint Out - Day 6 - Botanical Gardens


Louise Smith, my traveling partner and PAAR's hospitality called it quits so I was on my own today to have the coffee ready for the group. I started out to Botanical Gardens, I have painted there so many times, and I managed to get myself lost. I thought if I went the back streets at this time of day I would do better than taking the freeway. Luz was shortly calling to see where I was, said she was the only one there. I told her I was lost and I thought I knew how to get there by back tracking. Wrong again. So I just kept driving, I ended up close to Moreno Valley, got on the freeway and worked myself back to the University of Riverside. When I got there it was cold, our first morning of really cold weather and the wind was slight. We had our morning breakfast for fruit and bagels supplied by Ada M. Passaro, our locations chair for the group. We started out to find places to paint and I found this place where the sun was shining bright on the mountains and filtering through the trees on a pathway and bench. When I was just about finished painting, Ada came by to have some lunch so I quickly painted her in the scene. It was a cold morning, but not too much wind so painting was fun and productive. I left early to try and catch up on my rest as I was getting exhausted. I went home and slept for 2 hours, Eddie had made dinner, and then I fed my dogs, gave them some attention and went back to bed. Enjoy the Art! Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon