Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

PAAR Paint Out - Day 5

We had heard rumblings that the wind was coming back but when we arrived at Jurupa Regional Park it was calm. Luz Perez, PAAR's secretary, brought egg and chili casserole for everyone. It was delicious. We took our time chatting and having coffee and guest what? Yes, the wind started. By the time I got set up I could not believe I was actually doing this again. If you left one thing not held down by a rock or tied down it was gone. Jurupa Park is the opposite of Citrus Park. Citrus Park is well maintained and manicured. Jurupa Park is what you see is what you get. I just love this place for it's rugged, nature look. During the painting of the view of the mountains in the distance with snow and the reflections of the palms from the island of this little pond we had some men come by for a chat about the artists and the paintings we were doing. I actually asked one man to hold my easel so I could walk away and take a look at what I was painting, I think he thought I was nuts, but he stood there and held everything so I could take a look. Painting in the wind you don't have a chance to walk away as you are so afraid your easel will tip and your hard work for the past couple hours can be ruined. This happened to several artists during the week. On regular painting outdoor days I like to walk away and look back from a distance at my painting as you can see so much more than you can close up. If you are viewing my paintings from your computer screen, get up and walk away, you will be so surprised when you look back. I am getting a little ahead of myself, so I need to change this post. Wed. at 6:30 p.m. PAAR had a demo at the Riverside Art Museum. Our programs chair, Joan Coffey, was in charge of the event. She invited very well known painter and past president of the Plein Air Painters of America to be our demonstrator for the evening. So after painting, Luz, Louise and I went to Ada's house for rest and to warm up from the day and get out of the wind. At 4 p.m. we met Lisa McDill for a quick bite to eat at the Spaghetti Factory and then on over to help Joan set up for the demo. Jon did a fabulous job with his painting and was so informative about his art career and answered any question that was asked in full detail. It was such a great event and I am so glad I was able to attend. We got home about 9 p.m. exhausted, I took a nice warm bath and went right to bed. Enjoy the Art! Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon