Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

PAAR Paint Out - Day 4




Today was Citrus Park. What views. As we arrived and were getting set up for the morning breakfast I could not take my eyes off the view of orange groves, distant palms and mountains with snow. Now there are not too many places that I can think of that you can get that type of view and be priveleged to paint it. So I knew this would be my morning subject. The day was perfect. The weather was perfect. It must have been 72 degrees, NO WIND! After finishing up the first painting Louise, Pat and I decided we should go get something to eat and then come back for an afternoon painting. As we started sharing with others, they decided they should go too. Then someone suggested we could bring something back. Alberto suggested a taco stand down the street. So we took orders from all the artist and brought back taco's. We set around eating our Taco's, snapping photos of the group and discussing our paintings and the closing of this beautiful park. This beautiful, well maintained park, will be closing. Yes, our governor has set his new budget and if he gets his way several parks will close. Citrus Grove is on the list. This cannot be. Please write your Senators, Congressmen and voice your opinions. Go visit the parks! They may not be there the next time you want to go.

After a long break I decided to paint the view of some closer palms and the light on the hedge and groves in the foreground. I could not take my eyes off of those distant mountains with the snow. Unbelievable how the colors change from morning to late afternoon. Enjoy the Art. Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon