Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Redlands Bowl, Redlands, Ca.


The Redlands Bowl. I have a lot of fond memories over the years of taking friends and family out for a beautiful evening of music and entertainment at the Redlands Bowl. And for 75 years this is free to anyone who wants to attend!

Today a group of us who are painting the Redlands Parks for the Redlands Conservancy show at RAA went to the Redlands Bowl. Smiley Park is on the group of sights for us to paint. As you recall some time back I painted Smiley Library. I believe it was in May. The Library is situated to the right of the Bowl. The beautiful Redlands Post Office is down the street about 1/2 block another beautiful building in Redlands that I want to paint to add to my collection of Redlands paintings.


Here is a link to more info on the Redlands Bowl. The Redlands Community Music Association


It was a very warm day in Redlands today. Here it is Nov. 12 and I am sure it was 90 degrees and they say it will be warmer tomorrow. All in all a perfect day for painting and I am not complaining.


What I really liked about the scene I chose today was the shadows on the bleachers in front of the Bowl. The huge trees were behind me where I was set up to paint, keeping me cool all morning. They made for a very good composition as the top of the trees point you right towards the bowl. Sometimes you just get lucky!


Until next time, ENJOY THE ART! Terry d. Chacon


Be sure to take a look at my newly redesigned website. Lots of Christmas goodies for you and your loved ones. Also, a lot of the paintings I put on my blog are also for sale. If not the original, prints and notes for sure. Just contact me at shacone@aol.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon