Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

4th week painting





This week I worked on the same photo I used for the porcelain painting to create an oil painting of April. I really like this position and I think it warrants a large painting at a later time. Really large! I am working with colors and trying to create strokes with heavy paint in places and smooth paint in others to get more depth in the painting. Also bringing out the most important part of the painting and less on the rest of the painting. I have uploaded the photo that I am working from. As you can see a lot of the face is in shadow, which is not what I want, just the beautiful lighting on the body. Let me know your thoughts. Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon