Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Horse Shoe Ranch


"Reading Stories" 9 x 12 oil on canvas by Terry d. Chacon

Today we were invited back out to paint one of the sites on the list for the RAA and Redlands Conservancy. Seems the day for Horse Shoe Ranch, only a couple artist showed up so they wanted more to come and paint their beautiful horse ranch. The ranch not only boards horses but has cows including Long Horn's (boy were they big).

When we arrived we were met by the owner, she said they had just finished their new home on the property and moved in, in Dec. What a view and what a beautiful new home. She said they had always spent money on the stables and decided they should do something nice for them.

I decided to paint the vista overlooking the stables and I stood right in front of their new home, which this is one of their many views. I have always wanted to paint horses in a vista painting and this was my chance.

I first scoped out some horses and made note of their gestures and most of them seemed to be checking out the ground. Must have been feeding time earlier. My friend tells me when we walk our dogs that when they are sniffing the ground they are reading stories, so I suppose these horses are reading stories also.

I loved the vista with the ever changing colors of trees and the backdrop of mountains in the distance.

All the animals and people seem to be having a wonderful time on their day at Horse Shoe Ranch. A beautiful site to see.

Until next time, ENJOY THE ART!

Terry d. Chacon

I decided to put paintings 1, 3 and 4 from my last blog in the Redlands Open Air Show. I turned them in this morning before finishing this painting. Otherwise this painting probably would have been in the show, I love animals. However, this painting and all the paintings I have done are available through me at shacone@aol.com. I will be at Redlands, Art in the Park on May 8 and 9, 2010. Be sure to come by to see my collection of Redlands landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon