Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ornament Auction


On Sat. Dec. 8, 2007, RCAA had an Ornament Auction. Mark Schooley asked all the artist who are members of the Gallery to bring in a hand made ornament. Last year I took in a porcelain hand painted bulb with hand painted dogs all over. I was unable to attend because it was the same time as the Eukanuba Dog Show in Long Beach. Well this year they were on separate weekends so I was able to attend both. This year I hand sculpted and hand painted in great detail a black masked red ceramic Afghan Hound Angel ornament for the auction. The wings I painted with 14K gold paint and fired once more to bring out the brilliant shiny gold color. They hang from a red ribbon from the tree branch. I bought an ornament stand to display it on and took it to the Gallery. The ornament auction was great and there were a lot of people there to buy ornaments and enjoy the night. We started out by having a lovely dinner at a new steak house by the Mission Inn. Because it was the first weekend of "Festival of Lights" for down town Riverside and the beautiful Mission Inn, my favorite restaurant had a 2 hour wait. So we walked on and found a new restaurant that was very tasty. We will definitely be going back. Back at the Gallery, when we arrived they had just started the bidding. We had so much fun bidding with other people and some people were even out biding themselves! I think the wine was starting to hit. My ornament brought in $120.00 for the Gallery and was the second highest bid of the night. My friend Joan Coffey and her husband Jerry are the new proud owners. I don't have a photo of the ornament alone, but I have included a group shot of the ornaments that I did for this year. Joan's new ornament is the one on the far right. Enjoy the art, until next time I hope your are enjoying the Holiday Season! Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon