Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Olive Ave. Market


This week a group of the Plein Air Artists got together to paint the Olive Market in Redlands. It is one of the historically recognized sites in Redlands put together by the Redland's Conservancy
for the Plein Air show coming up in Jan. 2008. This site has had a lot of meaning to me over the past 20 years that I have lived in Redlands. My son Matthew went to Sacred Heart Academy which is down the street a couple of blocks. We would frequent the little store after school for candy and soda. It reminded me of a market that was down the street from us in Prescott, AZ. called Marshall's, when I was growing up. You could find any type of candy imaginable. A few years back they refurbished the store into a coffee house and sandwich shop. They have great Latte's if you're in the area, do stop in. Nicest people work there too. I know my friends Chuck and Victor go there a lot on their way to feed their horses on Sat. morning. It is quite the little hang out in a residential area. Enjoy the painting! Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon