Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Morey Mansion/Redlands California


The Redland's Conservancy is having its yearly Paint Out through the Redland's Art Association. Each year they pick places of interest in the city of Redlands that they would like to see the artist paint. Jan. 7 through Jan. 11 2008 is the show for this years paintings. Yesterday a group of us met at Morey Mansion which is now a bed and breakfast. I arrived late and most of the beautiful sun lit places were gone as the sun had moved behind the mansion. I walked around and found the sun peaking through on the side of the house by the rose garden. I was also fascinated with the mountains in the back ground and the small palm and large palm tree in the foreground, making for a nice composition. I think I will go back and do another painting of this fabulous place and try for a very early morning scene. I will also probably take this painting back and do some of the intricate work on the house around the porch and call it complete. While there I met the owner. What a charming lady she is. She said she lives on the 3rd floor and has turned the other 2 floors into a bed and breakfast. She also told me that we could come paint anytime we would like and even offered a bathroom for us. Now that's hospitality for you! Until next time, enjoy the ART! Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon