Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Looking for Ring 5"



"Looking for Ring 5" New painting I just completed in my studio. It is 9 x 12 on canvas board. I did most of this with a palate knife, using the palate I just worked with at my recent workshop in Napa Valley. I also used photos for references that I had taken in Pomona at some recent dog shows. The people and dogs changed from the ones in the photos. Artistic license.....The Afghan Hound and the cavalier in the ladies arms with the pink dress, spot each other as they are going in different directions. Each stop to take a stare as their handlers keep on walking.

The reason I named this "Looking for Ring 5" is when my friend Abbe and I went to deliver one of our Afghan Hounds to a handler, we found ourselves very lost. The last time either of us had been to these set of shows and these grounds was about 4 years ago. They have moved them indoors in a very nice convention center type building with air conditioning and carpeting. The vendors are set up on the sidewalk outdoors and I loved the beautiful scene.

An added improvement from the old days when we showed outside under these hot tin roof canopies with some shade cloths thrown in here and there. The pavement was the flooring, and very difficult to run on. We always hated the grounds and the last time we were there it was so hot that we decided we would never go again. I guess you should always ask if the grounds have changed. When we arrived and as the superintendent where the Afghans were showing, I also asked them when they moved inside, they said about 3 years ago! We laughed and walked on.

Until next time, ENJOY THE ART. Notecards and giclee prints of this little jewel will soon be available. Terry

Please share my blog with your friends and family. If you enjoy this blog, please subscribe so you too can get updates on my artwork.

1 comment:

  1. I just love the painting with the excellent use of complementary yellow/blue purple and yellow green/reddish orange tones. Your new look is very impressionistic, Terry. Keep up the energy from the workshop in Napa.
    Debbie K

    ReplyDelete

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon