Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Art Alive Day 2



Back for another day. The museum is open until 4 so we planned on staying the whole day. It was so much fun painting inside. We had to laugh as all of us are so used to the elements outside, the sun changing, the shadows moving that we are all pretty fast painters. It took us a while to realize that the light was not moving, the shadows were staying the same on the scenes/still life that we were painting. I think everyone who came thought the same thing. You would find yourself really painting fast and then quickly realize, I don't have to paint fast, I can walk away for an hour come back and my scene will be the same. I don't think it is as fun to paint still life as it is to paint on location, but it certainly is more relaxing. Maybe I like more of a challenge and that is why I have taken up Plein Air.....Today I chose a painting and exhibit by my friend and fellow PAAR member Helga Batman. She is a terrific painter and decided a long time ago that flowers were her thing. I don't know of anyone who paints them better. I quickly put in her painting in a very impressionistic way, and spent more time on the arrangement of flowers below that the florist did to capture her beautiful painting. We were told we could paint the paintings as long as we did not copy them. So swish, swish was the way. I loved the colors in this arrangement, very different from the day before. After finished this painting and having a great lunch at the museums new restaurant, I decided to paint a small 5 x 7 of the beautiful sunflowers in the lobby. They looked so neat as some of them were trying to fade and some were still bright and sassy looking. I really loved this little painting and when it was finished I put it in a frame and the sunflowers just popped. I turned in the Sunflower painting and the mirror image painting for the Art Sale on Sunday. It was a hard decision on which paintings I wanted to leave. All in all it was a great 2 days painting. I was sad I could not go on Sat. I needed to get my dogs groomed and ready to go to Santa Barbara. I want to paint the Santa Barbara Mission and my Afghan Hound Tootsie needs to see the veterinarian. Until next time enjoy the ART. If you like any of the Art Alive paintings please let me know and I will send you prices. Note cards, giclee prints, tiles, music boxes with tile lids and other keepsakes will be done from these wonderful florals. Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon