Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Friday, October 10, 2008

Reflections at Ford Park




















REFLECTIONS ON WEDNESDAY!

The Redland's Art Association is having it's Plein Air event in conjunction with the Redland's Conservancy. Each year the Redland's Conservancy picks out areas around Redlands that they would like the artist to paint. This year they have chosen the City Parks. A reception for the artists will be Nov. 23 and the exhibit will be up until Nov. 27 at the Redland's Art Association Gallery in downtown Redlands.

I chose to go to Ford Park because I love the reflections in the 2 ponds in the early morning and I have painted there before with good results. Each week is a different Park, but I have been so busy with other things (read my previous blogs) that this was my first week to go out and paint. Next week is Prospect Park, I love this park too and hope to go there on Wed. morning to join the group.

The first painting at the top of the blog was done on the Wednesday. I went back on Thursday to do a different composition of the same scene, this is painting at the end of this blog. Do you see the difference a day makes. This is what I love about Plein Air. The paintings not only reflect the scene but, the atmosphere, the colors, the mood, the weather etc. on any given day. I thought it was very interesting the difference between the paintings as I went to paint around the same time of day and painted the same subject. Meaning you better finish it on the day you paint, because the next day it is not going to be the same.

Thanks to all the new subscribers for joining my blog, I hope you will find pleasure in reading about my artwork and feel free to place your comments. Some of the original artwork is for sale, if not giclee's and note cards are always available. Be sure to share my blog with your friends and family and invite them to join.

This weekend I am going to Santa Barbara to pick up my two puppies from the Tootsie/Apache litter. So photos and paintings of them will be coming soon. For sure I think they will be the stars of my Christmas painting for this year.

Next week end I will be in a Plein Air contest in Tustin, Ca. I will be sure to share the results of that with you next week. Keep your fingers crossed that I am able to come up with a nice painting. The pressure is on!

Until next time, ENJOY THE ART! Terry d. Chacon





















REFLECTIONS ON THURSDAY!

What a difference a day makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon