Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Commission Paintings-Ally & Katie

Thought I would share with you 2 new commission paintings that are now in their new homes. First is Ally the Corgi owned by Natalie. Precious little girl who was a joy to paint. When her mom brought the photos over for me to look at, I took one look at this position and fell in love. Ally's mom is doing pet sitting and wanted a painting of her little girl to use for note cards and stationary to give to her clients and promote her business. Natalie I wish you all the best in your new venture.





Secondly is Katie. Dorre and Alan and their darling 2 year old little girl came by to discuss having a painting done of Katie. Katie passed away a couple years ago but has lived on in their hearts and they wanted a precious memory of her. They brought lots of photos to choose from, but the photo reference for this painting was undeniable. Katie loved to recline on their bed. The perfect part of this painting is the way the sun is coming through the window in the background. Dorre and Alan had seen my work at a local art show and what drew them to me was my use of color. They wanted Katie to have glorious color but still be representative of her breed (Cane Corso Italian Mastiff). They said she was the most gentle creature and they missed her dearly. After completing the painting I sent a photo to Dorre. She was thrilled with the outcome and wanted to wait until Alan was off work to come by and pick it up. When they walked into my studio I could not believe their response. Dorre was brought to tears. She was so taken with the painting and that I had brought her Katie back to life. Boy this was emotional for me as well, most people seem delighted with the outcome, but I don't recall ever getting tears. Some dogs or even animals just live in our hearts forever. There is no better way, in my opinion, to have a beautiful reminder like an oil painting to look at every day. Hope you have enjoyed these 2 stories. If you would like me to paint your beautiful animals, please let me know. I love my job! Thank you Natalie and the Zane family for allowing me to immortalize your beautiful animals. Terry


shacone@aol.com













No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon