Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Monday, October 29, 2007

U of R paintings




Well the week is over and I am beat. I wanted to try and get a couple paintings up for your viewing this morning before I leave for my life drawing class. The paint out was a huge success. Over 75 Plein Air painters from all around took part and what an exhibit/show we had. The fires in southern California did not stop the juices from flowing from the artist who set out to paint no matter the circumstances they had to overcome. I was not able to paint on the weekend so I didn't get one painting with a blue sky or with a clear view of the mountains that are so beautiful behind the gorgeous buildings at the University of Redlands. I did paint some paintings previously and I will put them up along with the new ones so you can see what I am talking about. The 2 paintings here were my choices for the art show. I painted the first one "Rose Garden at Sunrise" on Wed. morning. I wanted to try and get a beautiful sky and a hint at the mountains from the south east corner looking out over the rose garden. I got there at 6:30 a.m. and set up and waited patiently for the sun to start its way up. It was everything I had hoped for. The colors were remarkable and I just love the vista in this painting. The second painting was on the very last day of the paint out. A few of the painters were getting really tired by this time and I said lets take a break and go to my house. After the break we left around 4 p.m. back to the University. I had in mind what I wanted to capture in my last painting until I took the back way into the University. I wheeled my car around when I saw this view and set up on the northeast corner of Colton Ave. overlooking the entrance and the Alumni house in the distance. The beautiful sky captured the moment as the sun was setting. This is "Alumni House at Sunset". I will post the rest of the paintings later today and tomorrow so you can see them all. I did 7 paintings in 3 days. Any questions, please ask. Until then, Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon