Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Thursday, February 3, 2011

"River's Edge"

"River's Edge"   9 x 12 oil on canvas.  

$750.00



Another painting day at Irvine Regional Park.  At 9 am Patricia Rose Ford and I met painting friends Gordon Luce and Alfred Tse to paint the river bed at the Park.  

We arrived about the same time, grabbed our painting gear and headed out to paint.
There is a spot West of where we parked that looked very inviting, but because of the recent rains that part of the park is closed to the public.  Wouldn't you know!   So we continued to walk farther  over the bridge and down into the river bed next to the river.   The river was flowing and I spotted how beautiful the banks looked as a back drop and the reflections in the water, with the beautiful distant mountains through the poplars and sequoias' that have lost their leaves.      I also liked the reflections of a couple big boulders as the water flowed around them.  This part of the stream seems to pool up in this area as it passes through the rock formations.   I also liked the trees in the river bed that have been literally  mowed down by the current of the water, I am sure this has happened  from the amount of rain we had at the end of last year.

If you recall my painting from last week "River Bed", I was standing on the bank  up to the left of this painting looking West.   This painting is looking northeast.

It's a terrific place to paint, but I understand as Spring and Summer approach us, the river dries up.   I hope to get back before this happens.

UNTIL NEXT TIME,  enjoy the art.      Terry d. Chacon   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon