Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Santa Barbara Ocean Views




"Bougainvillea View" 9 x 12 oil on canvas by Terry d. Chacon

My reason for going on the trip was to attend a Santa Barbara Kennel Club meeting where I would debut a painting commissioned by SBKC. The members were especially gracious and seemed to really love the painting. I will soon put the painting on my blog, I need to collect all the information about the upcoming shows so all of you will be well informed about the painting and the SBKC upcoming events.



We got up early Tuesday morning so we could take the dogs on a nice walk and get them ready to go see Dr. Shaw, another reason for the trip. Abbe was kind enough to take them to the hospital for their appointments so I could get out and paint. It had been very windy in Santa Barbara so we were amazed how calm it was during our walk and I was anxious to go paint.

I traveled down to Summerland to the beach. I had been to this area a few years ago to take photos of Apache when he was a puppy. You might remember the painting of him in the poppies.

I arrived at the site and yes the flowers were all in bloom and the site had many places to paint. I chose this area overlooking the bougainvillea's. Started out great. About an hour into the painting the wind came up, it became 20 degrees cooler and I was freezing. I was hanging on to my hat and my easel. I soon took my hat off and actually carried my easel to the car. I was afraid to take my painting off the easel that it might flip into the dirt or leave my easel, which might have ended up in the ocean. Another tid bit about this area, is they are fighting an oil rig company that wants to set up right off the distant bluff in Carpinteria. Carpinteria Oil Drilling Initiative, Measure J (June 2010) - Ballotpedia I had no idea that I might be painting a view that might no longer be this beautiful if the oil rig company gets its way.

I was able to pack up the car and drove to meet Abbe and Fran Reisman (editor of the Afghan Hound Review) Afghan Hound Review. We went to my favorite little restaurant down on state street (Tupelo Junction Cafe). They have the best fried chicken salad with cranberries and cornbread. Oh what a treat. Tupelo Junction Cafe - Santa Barbara, California After finishing up a delightful lunch Fran and Abbe drove me to the hillside to try and find a place that I could safely set up and not be blown away and still get a nice view of the ocean. It was perfect.



"Mountainside View" 9 x 12 Oil on Canvas by Terry d. Chacon.

It was a great trip, short but sweet. The doggies got a clean bill of health and we are back home safe and sound.

Until next time, ENJOY THE ART!. Terry d. Chacon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon