Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Friday, May 14, 2010

Crystal Cove


"Family Day" Crystal Cove, CA. 6 x 12 oil on canvas by Terry d. Chacon

We had a really beautiful day to paint Crystal Cove on Thurs. The day was bright and sunny but a little chilly. Not many people were in the water but they were enjoying the beach, the sail boats and the sand. This family set up under the bright colored umbrella caught my attention. When I go to paint at the beach I am always overwhelmed with the scenery that I don't paint people. Today I decided to paint people. My quandary is that I painted a 9 x 12 oil, I am thinking I should cut the painting down to a 6 x 12. I didn't realize until I got home how far away the people were in my painting, and since the painting is about them, if I crop the painting to a 6 x 12 the people become more of the focus of the painting. What is your take on this? Below is the full painting.


"Family Day" Crystal Cove 9 x 12 oil on canvas by Terry d. Chacon.

Until next time, ENJOY THE ART! Terry d. Chacon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon