Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Reflections of Me and My Dog" UPDATED


(update-not quite finished yet, but getting closer)

"Reflections of Me and My Dog" is a new painting I have been working on. Today I put in a lot of the finishing touches, will allow it to dry and see what needs to be done. I am pretty pleased with it so far. I am still updating this painting. I think once it dries I will put a turquoise glaze over the back of the car and that should do it. Stay tuned to see how it finishes up.

The painting is from a photo taken by Stephen Fisher the owner of the t-bird. This tbird was originally owned by Gini Withington. Stephen bought it from Gini's daughter Sandy Frei and completely refurbished it himself. It is pristine. He has even won some Best In Shows.

I have painted this car before. "Come out and Play" which is on my website. www.terrydchacon The model is Bruce Clark and their Afghan "Andy". They bred and showed this afghan to his championship. In the first painting I used the whole car.

I had a vision of how I would like to do a close up of Bruce and the Affie in the car, I loved the reflections on the back of the car from the Afghan Hound and Bruce.

The painting is 15 x 30 oil on canvas. Prints and notes will be available soon. Looking forward to hearing your comments. Please share with your friends and family who might enjoy the art. Until next time. ENJOY THE ART! Terry d. Chacon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon