Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Monday, May 25, 2009

Red Hen & Website Sale

"Red Hen" 5 x 7 acrylic on linen board $150.00 (scroll to the bottom for website sale)

This little jewel was painted during my life drawing class today. I know I have told you about this wonderful class that I take on Monday mornings at Ann Bingham Freeman's studio in Yucaipa, Ca.
This morning we had the wonderful model Martin. He is always such a pleasure to draw and paint. He always comes with extra props in tow and they always seem to add a little to your drawing or painting. Today he had a football and a long walking stick. Before he has come with these different style hats, some are pretty silly, but fun to paint. All in all he is one of my favorites.
Well today as I was painting I noticed a group of hens outside the window with the llamas. I was especially drawn to this little red hen. She was so cocky as she walked around and seemed to be in charge of everything and everybody. The light on her was just brilliant showing all kinds of colors in her feathers. I decided to set out one session with Martin and paint the hen. Ann has invited me back to paint the other hens and her menagerie of animals this summer. Our class ends next Monday, so I will be doing this. You might recall the precious "Darling" that I drew over the past 2 years. "Darling" the 17 year old French Bulldog passed away a month ago. I so enjoyed drawing and painting her. The class has seemed a little empty without her. I guess now I will have to paint chickens.
One of the reasons why I really enjoy this class is that you can paint, draw, use whatever medium you would like, even sculpt if you desire. The friendships I have made at this class will last a life time. Everyone has their own style of painting and drawing and everyone is well established in their art careers. It is a great group of artists. The next session will start again in Oct. If you want to be part of it, be sure to contact Ann. Her classes fill up fast.
Until Next Time-ENJOY THE ART Terry d. Chacon

WEBSITE SALE: I am having a website sale starting now until June 10, 2009. Go to my ceramic tile page on my website: http://www.terrydchacon.com/ceramictile
Ceramic tile music boxes Reg. price $75.00 on sale now for $50.00 while supply lasts.
6 x 8 ceramic tiles Reg. price $45.00 now $30.00 while supply lasts.

9 x 12 giclee prints with mat and clear envelope reg. price $75.00 now $50.00. This includes dogs, cats and plein air so visit all the pages to find your favorites.
http://www.terrydchacon.com click on giclee and plein air on the right hand side of the home page.
Price does not include shipping. Please contact me direct to order and if you have any questions. shacone@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon