Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vacationing at Monterey, Pacific Grove, Big Sur and Pebble Beach

Vacationing in Monterey, Ca.  I was able to paint the following 4 paintings.   The story about our trip and more photos are below.  
"Big Sur Morning"    9 x 12 oil on canvas by Terry d. Chacon

"Bixby Bridge"   8 x 10 oil on canvas by Terry d. Chacon

"Lover's Point" Pacific Grove, CA.  9 x 12 oil on canvas.  There are no photos of me painting as I was alone while the boys had a nice day golfing.  

"Rocks" 6 x 8 oil on canvas by Terry d. Chacon.  I really liked the rocks in the first painting so decided to do a close up for the late afternoon painting.   I am contemplating doing a very large painting from this painting.  


This was our 4th year to volunteer at the 1st Tee Open at Pebble Beach.  My son Matthew is one of the Chair's of the event.  


My brother Bob and his wife Betty also come up to volunteer.   It makes for a very nice family get together. 

Clint Eastwood warming up for his round of golf.    He is such a humble man as he walked up to the 1st Tee he said "there sure is a nice turn out today".   Like he was surprised there were so many people there to watch him.     Everyone goes to the tournament in hopes of seeing him!   He's a pretty good golfer too.

The tournament consists of the Seniors from the Champions Tour, Amateurs and the 1st Tee kids who work all year long to try out for the tournament.   This is my brother carrying the sign for 3 pros and one 1st Tee kid on the 14th hole.   He always gets a big kick out of being part of the event. 

You never know what you will see at Pebble Beach.  

The deer are plentiful and unafraid.    I walked to about 10 feet from this beautiful creature.  If you look closely she is chewing her grass as she takes a quick look at me. She was making sure I stayed my distance. 

This is the sign in front of the lodge and Pebble Beach.

Eddie, Bob, Betty and myself enjoying a few hours rest at the lodge which overlooks the 18th green.

Matthew on the phone.  Organizing and making sure everyone is doing their jobs.

After the tournament we drove down to Big Sur so I could spend the day painting.

This was the first day the sun had been out all week, so we opted to sit outside for breakfast.

The balcony overlooks a river, it was beautiful and quiet.

This bird swooped down and took our sugar.

Yum, home made biscuits and honey. 


After breakfast we drove out to the ocean so I could start painting.  I liked this view because of the big red bluff in the foreground.   The beautiful ground covers and bushes made for a nice painting.  I chose to use my car as a wind shield.  It was cold and the wind was brutal.    

Eddie was practicing his photography, this is the drawing.

The first step of color, but then he evidently got bored and went to read his newspaper while I painted.  
This was the finished piece.


I then grabbed my easel and hiked down the bluff to find another area to paint.  Matthew had wanted me to paint "Bixby Bridge" and from the tip of the bluff I could see it.   If you have not ever been to Big Sur the highway is very skinny 2 lane.  Going south you are on the outside edge right next to the cliff's.    Some of the highway has been washed out and now it is one lane.  

This is where I set up by easel to start painting.   As you can see there is not a lot of space between my easel and the edge.  If you can imagine this lady forced her way in front of me pulling her poor son and had her husband take a photo.  Mind you she never said excuse me, may I or anything.   I stood there shaking my head and No, I did not pose for their photo.   Some people never cease to amaze me.....

The beginning of my painting.

By the time I finished the fog was rolling in and it was getting very cold.

This is the finished "Bixby Bridge"  

We had a wonderful time, but like all vacations they go by so fast.   Hope you have enjoyed the photos from our week in Monterey.  

Until next time, PLEASE ENJOY THE ART!    These paintings are available, please contact me for details.

Terry d. Chacon

Don't forget to check out FINE ART AMERICA.   Here you will find prints from my work.   If you have a favorite and it is not yet listed, please let me know.   You can not only order the prints from my paintings, but also have them framed and shipped directly to you.  I also sell note cards on this site.   Take a look.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon