Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Painting the Desert Landscape



Andreas Canyon-Winter Light  9 x 12 oil on canvas by Terry d. Chacon







Yesterday I spent a wonderful day in the desert with artist from the Plein Air Artists of Riverside.   Our location for the month of Jan. is Andreas Canyon at Indian Canyon in Palm Springs, CA.  

We started out around 10 am and drove into Palm Springs for a nice late breakfast early lunch.   After eating at Sherman's Deli  http://www.shermansdeli.com/ a fabulous place in the desert to eat, we drove out into the canyon.   Other artist had arrived earlier and caught the morning light.   My painting buddy Patricia Rose Ford and I had painted here before and realized that the light in the afternoon was captivating.   But, when you arrive early and paint all day, you are really tired by this time and it is hard to get enough energy to paint what you are seeing and feeling.

My first painting (above) I loved the way the light was side lighting the trees and the flowing water through the canyon.   The light was extremely brilliant around the cement wall that leads to some sort of a water plant on the far right.   It was a beautiful scene and I had a great time painting it.   I then moved to the other side of my car and wanted to capture the mountains.   The mountains by this time were lit up at the top and most everything else was in shadow, which really made them shine.   I liked the foreground road that leads back into a picnic area which gave me an entrance for the painting.  

"Mountain Light-Andreas Canyon"  Palm Springs, CA.   6 x 6 by Terry d. Chacon.  









Both these paintings are available from the artist.   shacone@aol.com for more information.  

It was another great day of plein air painting.  So happy to get back to the easel after the holidays, and so happy to have some warm sunshine. 

Until next time, PLEASE ENJOY THE ART! 

Terry d. Chacon


SALE SALE SALE:  On another note.  I will not longer be offering ceramic tiles on my website  http://www.terrydchacon.com/  to go to my website.  http://www.terrydchacon.com/AFGHANBUDDIES/blankceramic.html  to go directly to the ceramic tile page. 
I have lost my supplier.   However, I have a few images still available.   The reg. price is $45.00, but you can phttp://www.terrydchacon.com/AFGHANBUDDIES/blankceramic.htmlurchase them while they last for $22.50.   They are great 6 x 8 tiles which make wonderful gifts and great for displaying in your home on counters, in curios, dressers etc.   You can also attach wall hangers for hanging on the wall.   Great little decor of some beautiful images from original paintings by Terry d. Chacon.   shacone@aol.com      

1 comment:

  1. Terry, these paintings of Andreas Canyon are so nice! Your colors are great----my absolute favorites

    Sandy Williams

    ReplyDelete

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon