Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Monday, January 24, 2011

Inland Empire Sunset #3

"Sunset #3"   6 x 6 on canvas by Terry d. Chacon in plein air.


Sunset #3







My painting buddy Patricia Rose Ford and myself were treated to another great sunset on Sunday night Jan. 23, 2011.   We arrived a little after 4 pm.  I set up a few yards south of our last meeting on Alabama and began putting the initial drawing and first layers on my canvas.   I then waited for the right time to put in the next layers and the beautiful sky. 
They say 3rd time is a charm, however, after completing this painting I was in awe of the beauty of the sky.   It was lit up like you wouldn't believe and becomes softer as the night takes over. 

I will go back again this week and try for a painting one step later than this one.   So far this is the 3rd painting, you can see the other two on a post before this.   Each time I feel I am getting closer and closer to capturing a beautiful sunset.   I suppose one can start and stop at anytime, so funny what you learn and really how much time you have to capture the beauty.

Until Next Time, ENJOY THE ART!

Terry d. Chacon

This painting as well as the 2 prior are available on Paypal.   Please contact me at shacone@aol.com for details.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon