Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Saturday, January 1, 2011

First Painting for 2011

Untitled   12 x 24 oil painting by Terry d. Chacon

Happy New Year everyone!    Let's get the year started out right!
 

This painting needs a titles.   Email me by Monday 5 pm with a name.   shacone@aol.com   You could win a set of notecards if your  name is chosen.

About this painting.   I took this photo of this litter that is now over 2 years old.  I always wanted to paint it and actually used the photo on my blog for the past 2 years.   Please note the change.  

The puppies spend the first few weeks in this whelping box and then sleep in it at night.   Every morning this is the view I get when I open the door.   Notice the area that is chewed on the left side.   Yep, this whelping box is old.   I bought it from Margie Pugh probably 20 years ago.   And she had used it for 20 years before.   I don't think they make wood this good anymore.   The only bad spot is the chewed area on the door.   Each litter seems to put their own stamp in the same spot.   

Now I have another litter growing in this box.   The litter is out of Jubilan's Somerset (Seti) and Am., Mex. and World Ch. ShaCone Abaca Delightful  (Lolita).    They are growing like weeds and are now going on 3 weeks old.   We are enjoying them and cannot wait to see how they mature.  

Well I tried to upload a photo of the new litter and it won't let me, so stay tuned for photos in another post.

Until next time, please enjoy the ART!   Looking forward to another great year and wishing you the very best.    2011

Don't forget to send me your choice for a name for this painting.   shacone@aol.com

Terry d. Chacon 

 

2 comments:

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon