Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"Untitled" Signed and Finished

"Untitled" 18 x 24 oil on canvas by Terry d. Chacon
"Dog Show Series 2012"

Finished and signed but this painting has no title yet.  I have posted on my facebook fan page a contest to name this painting.   The winner will receive a set of note cards of the painting.   
You can join in all the fun, click on the link below, join my fan page and comment on the post with the completed painting.



THE PROCESS
"Thought you might enjoy the process start to finish of this painting."

The drawing.

The wash-I mix color and turpentine to lightly wash the whole painting.

I wait for the wash to dry and come back through with some color.  Paying great attention to shadow, light and value.


The last step is to refine the painting.  Adding the darkest darks, lightest lights and value paying close attention to my focal point.  The focal point is the main focus of a painting, all the other subjects are part of just part of the crowd so to speak.   Can you pick out the focal point?

This painting is now available in prints and cards on my Fine Art America page.


I am also excited to announce that my artwork was featured in an article written by Peter Belmont in the Dec. 2011 issue of Sight and Scent.   The article is about Sighthound artists from the past and now.   Here are a few photos of the national publication.  





It's a great feeling to be recognized by your peers in a national magazine and to be mentioned with some of the great masters.   Thank you Peter Belmont for including me in your article.  This magazine is available online, at dog shows and at bookstores.  Here is a link to purchase online.

 http://www.sightandscent.net/

Until next time, PLEASE ENJOY THE ART!   Terry d. Chacon





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon