Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Painting Assistencia in Redlands, CA

"Gateway to Assistencia"  9 x 12 oil on canvas board by Terry d. Chacon


Painting a sunny day.  (Photo by Joan Coffey)

 
A few weeks ago we went to paint at Assistencia.   Assistencia is a part of the San Gabriel Mission and is located in Redlands, Ca.   more info on the mission:   

                                     "The Bell Tower"   9 x 12 oil on canvas board by Terry d. Chacon


Photo from the cloudy day.  (photo by Pat Ford)

Now my reason for writing this blog is to show you the difference a day makes.   When I arrived a couple Sundays ago it had been raining early in the morning and it was cloudy and cool.   The Bell Tower was created on that day.   Because of the weather I really didn't see a lot to paint so settled on focusing on the Bell tower.  

Today when I went to paint, it was bright and sunny.   Although the Bell Tower was still inviting to paint, there was a lot more going on that made for a nice landscape.   The fence, the Mission Bell, the trees in the background and of course the San Bernardino mountains.   The fun of plein air is to set a mood.  I think I accomplished that in these 2 paintings.   Your comments are welcome.   I plan to go back again on Friday, lets see what that day will bring.  I will add that painting to this posting so be sure to check back.

UNTIL NEXT TIME, please enjoy the ART!

Terry d. Chacon

New paintings will be added to my Fine Art America account where you can order prints and note cards.   They make great gifts for you or someone special.  Here is the link.  http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/terry-chacon.html  Also, if you have a favorite painting and do not see it on Fine Art America, be sure to let me know, I will put the painting on FAA right away so you can purchase a print or note cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon