Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

"Winter at the Back Bay"    10 x 10 oil on canvas (Plein Air) by Terry d. Chacon

It is great to be back outside painting again.   We have an upcoming event with SoCalPapa at the Back Bay so we are making sure we have a selection of paintings to offer not only for the juried exhibit, but to sell at the event.  

The holidays left me with a nasty cold, which I am sure a lot of you have had the same thing.    My artist friend Patricia Rose Ford and I went to the Back Bay on Tuesday for a wonderful afternoon of painting.   We first stopped in at King of Frame to purchase a couple frames for some paintings and then went to the Hyatt for a wonderful lunch.   Crab Cake sandwich with sweet potato fries, if you're in the area, I highly recommend.  

We arrived around 2:30 to start painting and by 4:30 it was getting very cold.   Each of us had completed one painting and decided to go ahead and call it a day.    Getting back out to Redland's on the 91 freeway at this time is not advisable, so we stopped at Starbucks and drank a latte waiting for the time to pass.   Smart thinking, a usual 2 1/2 hour drive in traffic was just about an hour home.   We were happy with our decision.

IN THE STUDIO

I have two paintings going on in the studio.   One is my 2nd in a series of Dog Show Scene paintings.   Photo reference submitted by Joanne Sternhell.   The other is a commissioned piece which I cannot share, but I will once I get approval from my clients.  

18 x 24 in progress

18 x 24  The Wash in progress.

Also, in the studio is a life size head study of an afghan hound which I will complete to debut at the Afghan Hound Club of America Nationals in Atlanta in October.  

The holidays are always exciting, but I am excited to be back creating in my studio and out in the open air.

Until Next Time, PLEASE ENJOY THE ART!

Terry d. Chacon




My Website:

My New Book:

Prints and cards from my artwork available at Fine Art America:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon