Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Friday, October 3, 2008

Itty Bitty Kitty painting


Here is a commissioned painting that I finished today. 11 x 14 on canvas. I met Linda Banks at my reception for my art exhibit "Impressions, by Terry d. Chacon" at the Riverside Visitors Center. She fell in love with a painting that I had done of Jasper (Do Not Disturb on a previous blog) and wanted me to paint her cat. I really love painting cats, they have such expression in their eyes. And their eye colors are so beautiful and so many colors.
I made arrangements to go meet Itty Bitty and to take photos of her for the painting. She was a real character and I took about 100 photos that day. She loves to sit or lounge in front of the window on this dining table. When I took the best photos for paintings back for Linda to view she picked my favorite also. Itty Bitty sitting on the maple table in front of the window. I loved the back lighting from the morning sun coming through the window and the reflections of the glass and her shadow on the table. The antique glassware belonged to Linda's mother and she felt the painting would mean so much to have the glassware in there also.
After the painting has dried, I will make sure it is exactly what I want (maybe some slight details and highlights) and then it will be going to it's new home. Congratulations, Linda Banks and thank you for the privilege to paint Itty Bitty!
Tomorrow a group of artists and myself will be painting at the new Riverside Humane Society grand opening. I was going to finish this painting over at this event, but I am working on several commissions pieces right now, so thought I would take another one for the event. One with not as much detail.
RIVERSIDE HUMANE SOCIETY PET ADOPTION CENTER 6165 Industrial Avenue Riverside, CA 92504 (951) 688-4340 Riverside Humane Society
If your in the area, please stop by. We will be there from 11 to 3.
Until next time, ENJOY THE ART! Terry d. Chacon
PS: If you have enjoyed this blog, please email it to your family & friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon