Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Life is Grand"

"Life is Grand" is a new painting I just completed for the AKC Canine Health Foundation. The painting is oil on wrap around canvas and measures 30 by 24 inches. Every year this foundation has a Gala Event with live auction along with the Eukanuba Dog Shows in Long Beach, Ca. starting Dec. 11 through Dec. 14. The Gala is Dec. 12.

This year Catherine Bell and Karen Mays asked me to donate another original piece for their event. The event is such a worthy cause and I feel compelled to help out when I can. This painting was done from a photograph I took at Shylo Ranch, Denver, Co. in Sept. on my way to the Afghan Hound Club Nationals in Michigan. Dash the Whippet and Teensie the Chihuahua were so comfy on their overstuffed doggie bed that I could not resist taking photos. They both were so tired that they could barely open their eyes to look at me. I was told that Teensie loves to get behind and snuggle up to Dash when he is lounging on the doggie bed. Especially when she is cold. I was so excited when I returned home to view the photos I had taken and to find out I had this great photo from the experience. I had been trying to figure out something special for the Canine Health Foundation and when I saw the photo I knew this would be the one I would have to paint. I hope the painting grabs you the way the photograph did me. I also hope it grabs the bidders at the Gala and brings in a lot of money for the foundation.

Two years ago I donated the original painting "Come Out and Play". This painting brought in over $4000.00 for the foundation. I was very pleased with the outcome. The winners were Joe and Carla Sanchez of Temecula, Ca. who are large supporters of the CHF. Thanks Joe and Carla.

As with "Come Out and Play" Giclee prints and notecards are available. I will donate 20% at the end of every year to the AKC Canine Health Foundation from the purchases of works done from these 2 paintings.

Here is a link to Canine Health Foundation with information about the Gala Affair.

AKC Canine Health Foundation - 2008 Gala by the Bay


To see prints and notes from these paintings and more, please go to my website: http://www.terrydchacon.com/

Until next time: ENJOY THE ART! Terry d. Chacon

Thank you once again for visiting my blog. I hope you will share my link with your friends and family who might also enjoy my artwork.

COMMENTS:

Catherine Bell (AKC Canine Health Foundation-2nd VP) writes:
Hi Terry,
WOW! WOW! This is just great. This should make people stand up and salute you!
Can't wait to see how much the dogs will make from this! You are so kind to do this and I will never forget how much you have meant to me and this organization.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Warmest Regards,
Catherine

Karen Mays (AKC Canine Health Foundation-Board member) writes:
Hello Terry:

The painting is simply gorgeous. To say I like it is an understatement! It will be a great addition to the auction and we are so grateful that you were willing to do this for us. Words cannot adequately express my thank-you for sharing your talents to support the Foundation and its goals. I know you had a busy schedule this summer and I appreciate the time and effort involved in the creation of this exceptionally beautiful piece.

I am eternally grateful!

Karen

Cindy Vogels (AKC Canine Health Foundation President) writes:
The painting is fantastic and I know just who might be interested! I’ll be sure to email them the photo. Many, many thanks for your beautiful addition to our auction!
Cindy Vogels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon