Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Nosey Afghan Hound


One day I came across this photo of an Afghan Hound peeping out of the blinds. I was really moved by the whole composition, the extreme lights and darks of the photo and sent an email off right away to the owners of this photo who are the actual owners of the Afghan Hound. It turns out they live in Sweden and are one of the top Afghan Hound kennels in the area. I have met both Louise and Camilla in the US at the Afghan Hound Nationals since I received the photo. I had put the photo in my file and had forgotten about it. I was in need of an Afghan Hound painting for some upcoming art shows and as I am going through my file I found this one. First to figure out the type of canvas that would do it justice and decide just how much of the photo I would want to use to make a nice painting. I am thrilled with the results and I crack up every time I walk into my studio. I hope it brings a smile to your face. Anyone who knows this breed I am sure can relate. They are very curious creatures and quite nosey.
I need a title for this piece. Please submit by email shacone@aol.com, your idea for the name. if I use your title, I will send you a set of note cards for free of this piece of work. The name of the dog is "Elise". Looking forward to your submissions.
Until Next Time, ENJOY THE ART! Terry
Yes, note cards & prints are available.
After going through the many submissions for the name of the above works, I have decided on "Home Alone". Caroline Alleman of Switzerland is the winner! Congratulations Caroline. Thanks to all of you who took the time to submit, I am relieved she now has a name!

1 comment:

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon