Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Thursday, December 9, 2010

"Oh Christmas Tree"

"Oh Christmas Tree"   9 x 12 oil on canvas board by Terry d. Chacon



Terry painting at the Mission Inn Festival of Lights Dec. 8, 2010.

http://www.riversideca.gov/fol

Each year our Plein Air group (Plein Air Artists of Riverside) paints in Dec. downtown Riverside, CA around the Mission Inn.   A painting is available anywhere you look.   This is my 3rd year of painting and I am building quite a collection of night time painting scenes of the beautiful lights, horse & carriages, people walking, talking, visiting Santa and just having a great time.   I hope to be at the Mission Inn painting every Wed. evening until Christmas.   Come by and watch me paint.   

Until next time,  ENJOY THE ART!  Terry d. Chacon

If you are interested in any of the collection of night time paintings of the Mission Inn Festival of Lights, please contact me at:   shacone@aol.com.   


2 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely. I'm itching to get out and paint but it's been only in the 20's here this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I never considered painting plein air by night. Aren't colours and values more difficult to gauge? How do you adapt?

    ReplyDelete

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon