Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Friday, December 17, 2010

"Dixie"





"Dixie" 9 x 12 oil on canvas Plein Air by Terry d. Chacon
Another beautiful evening of painting on location at the beautiful Mission Inn Festival of Lights in Riverside, Ca. My painting buddy Patricia Rose Ford and myself arrived around 5 pm and set up on the corner of Lime and Mission Inn Ave.
I had painted this view a couple years ago and wanted to try it again. My focus of course was the to capture a horse drawn carriage.  Last week, on our 38th anniversary (Dec. 9, 2010), my husband treated me to a wonderful evening. First we ate at Mario's, he requested a table by the window, right across from the Mission Inn.

Dec. 9, 2010  (Eddie and Terry at Mario's)

www.mariosplace.com

After a wonderful dinner we walked around to enjoy the beautiful lights and festivities going on.   A quick stop at the wonderful  "Casey's Cupcakes"  http://www.caseyscupcake.com/.   If you have not been to this cupcake place, you have to go.   It is fabulous and addicting.   We purchased our favorite cupcakes and then headed to the Carriage stop. 

A photo moment with my darling husband.

   Now you know why I wanted to paint the painting, but there is a little more to the story.   As we set at Mario's we watched the carriages going by.   There was one particular horse that was a little on the heavy side and she has such attitude and wears a yellow plume on her head.   We have an afghan hound that is a little on the heavy side and has this same attitude.   As she went by both of us said she reminded us of our  "Tootsie".   So when we got to the Carriage stop we asked if we could have a particular carriage, the guy laughed and said oh that's  "Dixie".   

So there you have it, my interpretation of the beautiful Mission Inn  and "Dixie". 

Until next time, please enjoy the ART!    Terry d. Chacon



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon