Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Newport Back Bay & ASATDS



"Canoers at Newport Back Bay" Jan. 2010 by Terry d. Chacon

Yesterday a group of us from PAAR went on a field trip to visit King of Frame and to paint at Newport Back Bay. As I was painting my painting I was excited by the canoers in the bay and knew I had to get them in my painting. I was so happy when they came along again the sun had made this fabulous sheen across the bay and the canoes were just in time to be painted into the painting. I could hear the canoers laughing and having the best time in the water. It was such a joy to paint them and when I think about it, it brings a smile to my face! This is a 9 x 12 painting, oil on canvas board done completely with a palate knife. If you are interested in this , giclee prints or note cards, please contact me at shacone@aol.com.



Terry painting in the bushes at Newport Back Bay! Thanks Patricia Rose Ford for the photos!

On another note, 2 of my pieces were juried into the Art Show at the Dog Show in Wichita, Kansas.


"Home Alone" 16 x 20 oil on wrap around canvas by Terry d. Chacon


"Playful Spirit" Lost wax bronze by Terry d. Chacon

This is the 24th year of this annual exhibit for dog artists around the world. 195 artist submitted works to this show and I was lucky to have 2 pieces chosen. The exhibit starts Mar. 3 through April 7 at the Foyer Gallery and the City Arts Building then it is moved to the Kansas Coliseum for the Sunflower Cluster Dog Shows April 9 through April 11, 2010. I am pleased to have my work accepted into this exhibit and if I win awards it would be icing on the cake. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Until next time, ENJOY THE ART! Terry d. Chacon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon