Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Another Laguna Beach Painting

"Laguna Beach North" Late Thursday while talking to fellow plein air artist Pat Ford, we decided to get up early Friday for another painting trip to Laguna Beach. Spur of the moment trips are always fun. Nothing planned just pack up your painting gear and away you go.

This time we painted from the north side of Monument Point looking south. As you recall my late afternoon painting a few weeks ago was looking north painting from the south side of Monument Point. I liked today's spot as there was a nice grassy area to stand on and look over the cliff south towards Monument Point and not a lot of people passing by. (Well until we were about finished and 40 eight year old children came to sit on the grassy area for a picnic lunch and started asking many questions as to why you didn't put this or that in your painting. Pat and I were relieved we were both finished with our paintings and it was time to go).

All of my Laguna Beach paintings so far this summer have been at Heisler Park. View one of the many websites about Laguna Beach here: Heisler - Main Heisler Park runs has about 2 miles with spectacular coastal views, including bluffs, greenery, lawn bowling, volleyball, diving areas, sandy beaches, you name it they have it! A great spot to visit time and time again and a plein air painters dream.

I have to apologize, I know many have written as I missed last weeks posting of my blog. I have been very busy. A trip to Seattle to judge the Evergreen Afghan Hound Specialty. I had many beautiful dogs to choose from which always makes judging a lot of fun. My Best in Specialty winner was the lovely white bitch "Ch. Wynsyr China Doll". Photo taken by Barbara Chase of k9-photos. I could not believe the size of that rosette!


On Friday my best friend Abbe Shaw and I flew to Seattle. We spent a wonderful day at the pier visiting such well known places as Pikes Place and the surrounding area. We were given such a wonderful table at dinner that we must have stayed there taking in the breath taking views of the beautiful skyline of Seattle and the coming and going of all the beautiful sail boats and ships. Of course the wine was delectable and was from local wineries. After the specialty the next day we were joined by Linda and Greg Korstad for a wonderful dinner in Kirkland, Wa. What a beautiful quaint spot. Early Sunday, we were on the plane and back home to Los Angeles. My son Matthew had come for the weekend and it was so nice to get home in time to spend the day day with him.

I am getting ready for 2 very important events. Harv Toback of Gallery 225 has joined Chair and The Maiden Gallery to bring to you a group of prominent International artist. Harv asked me to submit some paintings for the event. He has chosen 2. One of my series of plein air paintings from Napa Valley and one from Laguna Beach 2009. I am so excited to be in this group showing of International Artists. (click here for a link to about the exhibit) artliveworld.com - ART LIVE 2009 GALLERY 225 I was also pleased to see they put an image of one of my paintings on the site, however, this painting will not be in the show. The exhibit starts Sept. 3 and runs through Oct. 4, 2009. Chair and the Maiden Gallery will have their reception Sept. 3 from 6 to 8 pm and Gallery 225 will have theirs Sept. 9 from 6 - 8 pm. More news on this event as I receive it.

Luck would have it that I will be showing my art at the the Afghan Hound Club of America National Specialty from Sept. 13 through the 18 in Lancaster, PA. Abbe and I will then go to NYC to see the exhibit at both galleries before heading home on the following Monday. Getting ready for the AHCA is always very time consuming. This year I will be shipping some of my bronzes and other artwork as well as carrying as much as I can on the plane. This should be very interesting. We normally drive.........

This coming week is my yearly trip to Catalina with a group of plein air artists. So I promise to have plenty of work to share with you on my return.

Until next time, ENJOY THE ART! Terry d. Chacon

1 comment:

  1. Great news from the ever Active Artist !!
    Beautiful prospects in PA. and NYC, too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon