Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

And the Winner Is!

"And the Winner Is". I started this painting a few years ago. It is a painting from a photo taken by professional photographer Michael Graat from Canada. The photo was such a treat to receive from Michael. Thank you Michael!

The Afghan Hound Club of America Breeder's Cup was held in Frederick, Maryland in 2005. Ch. ShaCone Abaca Delovely better known to her friends as "Tootsie" was awarded the Breeder's Cup winner by Floyd Gale. This was one of the highlights of my show career as an owner and breeder of Afghan Hounds. I loved the photo as it represents the feeling of showing your beautiful specimen, it is not an ordinary stacked photo and the one thing I especially love about it is her back foot which shows the true rear movement of an Afghan Hound. You can just feel those toes coming to full extension as she trots back towards the judge.

I knew I wanted to paint this photograph the minute I saw it. Unfortunately when you are painting something for yourself, it always gets put on the back burner as customers always come first. I have worked on this painting for quite sometime, when time allowed and it seemed to have gotten lost in my studio. I found it again when I was straightening out my studio and decided to go forward and get it done.

I am excited about the turn out. The remembrance of a very special win, the excitement of a very special Afghan Hound. "Tootsie" is the mother of "Mija" who is featured in my 2008 Christmas painting "He Knows if You've Been Good or Bad!". We have high hopes that Tootsies puppies will carry on her winning ways! Until next time, Enjoy The Art! Terry d. Chacon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon