Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Friday, May 13, 2011

Garden Paintings/one more time!


"Spring" 9 x 12 oil on canvas, painted on location by Terry d. Chacon



This week we had the opportunity to paint Lucy Heyming's garden. Lucy and her husband Frank have 5 acres of beautiful gardens and it is amazing that she and her husband are the main caretakers. Both Lucy and her husband are Master Gardners and from the looks of their beautiful place, it is a title well warranted. From vegetables, herbs, cactus, oriental and of course the 4 seasons. "Spring" is one of 4 large statues spaced throughout the garden. I hope I will have the opportunity to paint the other 3.



"Lucy's Pond" 6 x 12 oil on canvas, painted on location by Terry d. Chacon.



I was especially excited to be able to paint a lili pond again. And as you might guess, the lilies did not cooperate. There were a couple and they tried real hard to open up but just not today. This is a beautiful area of the garden under a gorgeous Weeping Willow surrounded by Spring vegetation.



Thank you Lucy for allowing me to paint your beautiful garden.



Until next time, PLEASE ENJOY THE ART! Terry d. Chacon

Don't forget to check out Fine Art America, where you can purchase prints and note cards of my paintings.  If you don't see your favorite, let me know and I will add it to the site.   Thanks for looking.
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/terry-chacon.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon