Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Skyline Dog Fanciers Catalog Cover 2010

Skyline Dog Fanciers Original oil painting by Terry d. Chacon

I have been commissioned by Skyline Dog Fanciers to do their catalog cover for the next 5 years.   Skyline Dog Fanciers has joined forces with Del Valle Kennel Club to become part of the Harvest Moon Cluster of Dog shows which is always the 3rd weekend in Oct. in Pleasanton, CA.  

Because of a previous commitment with the Afghan Hound Club of America I was unable to attend Skyline but did make it over to the Del Valle shows on Sunday and Monday.   On Sunday Ryan Hovarth presented me with the catalog.   To my surprise it was in a beautiful periwinkle blue.   In years past Del Valle has always done their catalog covers by Artist Heidi Martin in black and white.   Heidi does beautiful drawings of the 3 breeds chosen each year by the club.   Ryan and his group wanted to follow suit with 3 breeds from 3 different groups opposite of what Del Valle would be doing and something a little different than what Del Valle does to make them unique.   The 3 breeds were chosen and sent to me and I prepared the composition of the 3 head studies and after approval did an 11 x 14 oil painting.   The oil painting was then sent to their printer who made giclee prints for all of the group winners and the painting was given to Best In Show.  

SKYLINE DOG FANCIERS 2010
catalog cover by Terry d. Chacon

Following with tradition with  Del Valle huge banners of the artwork will be hung during the cluster for Skyline Dog Fanciers and Del Valle in the convention center for everyone to see each year.   Del Valle's are in black and white and Skyline will be in color.  The collection that Del Valle has from over the years is something to see.    

It was cold and rainy on Sunday when we arrived, my friend Alicia Morrison Jones took this photo with her phone and sent it to me.  Thank you Alicia.  Of course I did not have my camera and I was not walking in the pouring rain back to the parking lot to get it.  Thus this is the only photo of the day.

It is such an honor to work with these clubs and see my artwork appreciated by so many people. 

Thanks to all!

Until next time, please enjoy the ART!    Terry d. Chacon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon