Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring is here!


"Spring Light" 11 x 14 done in plein air by Terry d. Chacon
I see this view every time I get off the freeway and think to myself I have to paint this. The other early evening as I got off the freeway, coming home from the foundry in Hesperia, I saw this view and said the exact same thing. While at a meeting for PAAR (plein air artist of riverside) I told my friend and fellow artist Patricia Rose Ford, she said lets go paint it in the morning.
We got up early and drove over to the spot. You could literally walk, but since it is off of a busy street we thought driving might be best. We parked the car and was just mesmerized by the views. You could turn 360 degrees and paint a dozen paintings easily. I chose to paint looking toward the snow filled mountains as I loved the sun lit orange groves with terrific shadows in the foreground, the grassy meadow with some purple and yellow flowers that are just starting to mature.
Both Pat and I finished our paintings in less than 2 1/2 hours, we were quite pleased and treated ourselves to lunch at Mi Tortilla. What a great morning, beautiful day of painting.
This painting is available along with prints and notes. Please contact me at: shacone@aol.com for more info.
Until Next Time, ENJOY THE ART! Terry d. Chacon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon