Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Now I'm Feeling Guilty



9 x 12 "Mission Light" by Terry d. Chacon


I have to apologize for not sending out a weekly update, but my life has been so hectic. Leaving on Friday Feb. 12 to New York City for the Westminster Dog Show and then back with one day to catch up on domestic duties and then dive into the 9 Day PAAR Paint Out. This week I am settling up some last minute details of a 2 month exhibit from the Paint Out and by next week I will be back to my own studio and back to posting on my blog and facebook.

The above painting "Mission Light" was painted on the first day of our 9-Day Paint Out. Every year the Plein Air Artists of Riverside http://www.pleinairartistsofriverside.blogspot.com/ come together for a 9-Day Paint Out, a different location every day in the Riverside, CA area. As chair of the event and President of the organization you can imagine the time involved. I am lucky to have a fabulous board who always rise to the occasion and spend countless hours helping to put this large event together.


This year on the first day we checked in and was treated to a mini art expo of King of Frame from Costa Mesa http://www.kingofframe.com/ (the best Plein Air frames on the market and one of our sponsor of the event), The Brush Lady (fabulous brushes at ridiculously low prices who gave 2 fabulous prizes for our event), Sol Digital (one of our long time sponsors who gave a $50.00 gift certificate to every artist who participated in the Paint Out) and Golden Acrylics Golden Artist Colors, Inc. (who was on hand to demonstrate all the luscious new Acrylics and handed out samples to all participants).


After the morning a group of us went to Las Campanas Mission Inn Hotel - Riverside California at the Mission Inn Mission Inn Hotel - Riverside California to kick off the week with lunch and a margarita. This has long been a tradition since we started the Paint Out 5 years ago. Always the best way to start out the 9 days of painting.


The above painting was done after our lunch. I walked around the whole Mission Inn which was the location for the day and as I walked past this fabulous tower I noticed how beautiful the afternoon light was glowing on the side. (I have painted the Mission Inn several times over the years, it is always a fabulous experience, one of my favorites). Having everything else in shadow made for a beautiful painting. This painting was a high contender for the 2- month exhibit at Riverside Arts Project RiversideArtsCouncil.com Home which is part of the Riverside Arts Council and one of our partners for the Paint Out this year, but I later decided on another painting for the exhibit. That painting will be posted to my blog after the judging on Thurs. as well as 9 more of which I painted during the event. All paintings from the event are for sale from me at shacone@aol.com. If you prefer a print or note cards, please let me know as they will soon be available.
Until next time, ENJOY THE ART! Terry d. Chacon http://www.terrydchacon/

PS: On another note, my entry bronze sculpture "Playful Spirit" which was one of 2 entries accepted into Art Show at The Dog Show in Wichita Kansas was awarded BEST ENTRY OF AN AFGHAN HOUND. I am so excited to be recognized once again at this very prestigious International show. 600 exhibits were submitted from around the world, 197 were accepted. What an honor! Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon