Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Painting the Zanja #3


"Zanja at Grove" 9 x 12 on canvas panel

So sorry for the lapse in my weekly blog. 23 days ago I came down with a cold which escalated into a sinus infection. Boy has this taken a toll on me. I have been busy with some studio works and have managed to get a little something done each day.

Painting the Zanja as you may recall from a previous blog is a paint out event put on by the Redlands Art Association and the Redlands Conservancy Redlands Conservancy CITRUS HERITAGE COMMITTEE. This is my 3rd painting. I had hoped to paint more but with being sick that put quite a damper on my getting out and painting on location the past few weeks. Yesterday a group of us met at one location out near Mentone. After looking it over we all decided it was not a location that we were interested in painting. We moved onto another location to find that it really wasn't something any of us wanted to paint. Well third time is a charm. I suggested we go down by the University of Redlands. The Zanja runs south of the University and the tree lined streets in themselves are always a painting waiting to happen. I took off after we parked our cars and walked quite a ways. As I turned back to start walking towards my car I noticed this lovely scene. The way the light was hitting the large Eucalyptus, the old broken down bridge that goes over the Zanja and I loved the hole that gave way to the vista that included some beautiful palms with mountains in the distance.

After painting the area we all joined for a wonderful lunch at Macaroni Grill. What a way to spend the day!

Until next time, ENJOY THE ART! Terry d. Chacon

Giclee prints, notes and some of the paintings on my blog are available. Just contact me for prices and availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon