Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Afghan Hound Club of America Breeder's Cup


Afghan Hound Club of America Breeder's Cup "California Dreamin" April 9, 2009. I was commissioned by the club to create the trophies for the Best in Breeder's Cup, Best Opposite Sex in Breeder's Cup and 1st placements. On the day we arrived it was spitting rain, so you can imagine the confusion. They were able to set the trophies up on the trophy table, but I forgot to take photos. I later found one of the winners of the Ceramic Mural trays and was able to take a photo. The image was a portion from the original oil painting I did and gave framed and ready to hang, as a donation to the AHCA for a raffle prize. Anne Evans from Ohio was the lucky winner. The portrait image as seen here was used on the 1st place ceramic tile jewelry music boxes.



The show chair of the event (Karen Larsen) also asked me in the beginning to create the logo. This logo was used to publish and promote the event. They also made memorabilia to be sold at the event.







It was a fantastic event and I was very proud to have been the artist.









Oh, here are two of our Afghan Hound puppies that Abbe and I showed in the event. Missing was Mija who didn't want to participate and the black and tan puppy which is her 1/2 brother Freddie (owned by Jennie Pearce from Las Vegas) who was in another class. The cream puppy is Whetto and the Red puppy is Mijo. The puppies are out of our last litter by Apache and Tootsie. You can see how cold it was by the big sweatshirts Abbe and I were wearing. (This photo was actually taken on April 10, 2009, I don't have a photo either of the puppies from the BC. Bill Pearce took this photo). At the Breeder's Cup Mijo was 2nd place under judge Tony Saia. The next day in sweepstakes under Mike Strockbine, Whetto was 1st and Mijo was 3rd, in the regular classes under judge David Frei, Mijo was 1st, Whetto 2nd. Their father Apache won an Award of Merit.





The following day, April 10, 2009, was the Afghan Hound Club of California. They also commissioned me to create their trophies. They chose to go with ceramic statues with a faux bronze patina. Below are some photos taken by my good friend Wynne Kalish from Miami, Florida.
Trophy Table AHCC 2009



Above is Best of Breed, far left is Best Opposite Sex. The medallion is for all 1st placements. Below Winners Bitch and Reserve Winners Bitch, not pictured are Winners Dog and RWD.





















Framed artwork below: "Puppies by the Sea" Best Bred By Exhibitor award, "Home Alone" Best of Winners, and "Tootsie" Best Puppy.




















It was a great couple of days, visiting with friends from near and far, showing my afghan hounds, and selling my creations. Thanks to everyone who really appreciated my artwork. I would also like to thank the AHCA and AHCC for entrusting me to create their trophies for this very special weekend. Until Next Time, ENJOY THE ART and the Afghan Hounds. Terry d. Chacon

2 comments:

  1. Looks like your Apache's puppies are following in his pawprints, and winning some of Grandma Terry's Art as trophies. Looks like even the cold weather can't spoil an Artist's fun time !!! Great acchievement with your Creations both Artistically and Canine !!!
    Debbie K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Terry. I really wanted to be there this year, but just couldn't swing it. But your pictures, comments help. And Nikki Deen shared some great photos within hours, so it was as close to being there as I could get.

    Calvena

    ReplyDelete

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon