Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Friday, October 9, 2009

Painting Torrey Pines

This past Wed., my plein air artist friends Pat Ford and Rita Pacheco who recently moved to Carlsbad traveled to Torrey Pines. Torrey pines is known for its beautiful paths for hiking, walking, running, biking, the beautiful beaches and the Torrey Pine. I guess if you are a golfer you recognize the name from the beautiful Torrey Pine Golf Course with its beautiful ocean views from several holes. The Torrey pine grows only in this area just inside the San Diego city limits and up around Santa Barbara. Please follow this link for more information about this 8 mile little wonder on the west coast. Torrey Pines State Reserve

Upon our arrival to Torrey Pines we paid the $10.00 fee and traveled up the road through the pine trees to the Torrey Pines Lodge. From there the paths to the beach are in several locations. It is about .8 of a mile down to the point where we hiked down to paint our first painting. My painting that I did was not very good so when I got home I scraped all the paint off and will use the canvas for another painting at another time. Sometime you capture the scene and sometimes you don't. It is always such a learning experience.

After painting the bluffs and ocean we hiked back up to paint near the parking lot where we had parked the cars. When we arrived earlier in the day we had met another plein air artist from San Diego painting in this area and did not want to intrude on her space. By this time she was gone and the pathways were just beautiful with the light and shadows. I chose this pathway as it overlooked the ocean and I liked the line of Torrey Pines on the left and when the late afternoon sun hit the foliage on the right they just sparkled with color. In the far distance is La Jolla across the ocean from this point. I was happy with this painting and even more happy when I saw it when I got home.

Another wonderful day painting on location. Until next time, ENJOY THE ART!
Terry d. Chacon

Your comments are always welcomed. If you enjoy reading my blog, please share with family and friends.

Don't forget the month of Oct. I am having a sale on my website. For details please email me. shacone@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon