Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Art in the Park-Dancing Palms


On Sunday my Plein Air Group -PAAR- was asked to paint at Fairmount Park for Target Day Art in the Park. Joan Coffey, Louise Smith and I arrived and set up for the festivities. I was taken by the beautiful palms in abundance behind the Boat House bell tower and the 3 little dancing palms set in the rock bed garden in front. I thought it made for a lovely composition.

During the day we were interviewed and video taped by the Press Enterprise of Riverside and actually ended up on their website video. Joan was explaining the procedure and I was painting with my knife. It is a quick blurb but we did make it in. Here is the link: http://www.pe.com/video/index.html?nvid=141535&shu=1


Here is a photo of the painting I was working on and finished.
This next weekend I will be participating in the Redlands Art Association Art in the Park on Sat. and Sun. Until next time, enjoy the art! Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon