Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Mission Inn Festival of Lights 2013

My special Christmas time is painting at the Mission Inn Festival of Lights in Riverside, CA. 
I believe this is my 7th or 8th year having this opportunity, and I was not disappointed.

6 x 12 oil on canvas board/palette knife  "Nutcracker Greetings" by Terry d. Chacon

My friend Patricia Rose Ford setting up before dark to get ready to paint.  This is in front of Mario's restaurant, right across from the Mission Inn. 


I like to get in a little information before they turn the lights on and it gets really dark.  Setting up in front of Mario's I did not have to use my night lights as the lights from the building helped.  Painting at night is an experience, you really don't know what you have until you get home.  So a lot of guessing going on. 
The lights are on, it is dark and we are painting away.



It's a magical scene and so hard to choose what to paint.   When my husband and I had dinner here recently we had our picture taken by the mechanical Nutcrackers.  I thought it would be fun to paint them.  The nutcrackers are at the drop off for valet so quite a busy spot.  The cars were coming in constantly, so what did I do, I finally just painted a car in the scene.

Afterwards we walked around trying to find a place to eat.    I highly recommend reservations, otherwise it is a 2 to 2 1/2 hour wait.  My plans are to go back later this week.  Hoping for another night of warm weather it was 65 degrees.

Until Next Time, please enjoy the ART.   Terry d. Chacon

www.terrydchacon.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon