Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Capturing Catalina in Plein Air

"Capturing Catalina in Plein Air" will open August 20, 2013 through Oct. 14, 2013, at the New Banning Gallery in downtown Banning, Ca.  

Four artist who have painted on the island, some going back around 8 years have come together to show their beautiful paintings from Catalina.



Patricia Rose Ford, known for her beautiful pastel paintings, has studied with Albert Handel for many years, will show off her skills of painting rocks and trees.  You may see some of the island icons in her exhibit as well.

Nita Harper, known for her savvy designs in oil, has studied numerous times with Frank Serrano and Ann Pinkerton.   You will love the way she captures the island in her beautiful little gems.

Joan Coffey, has painted on the island with me every time for the past 8 years!  She has painted in watercolor and acrylic and will be showing off her wonderful paintings and how she captures the island in these two mediums.   Joan has also studied with Frank Serrano and Debra Huse. 

Terry d. Chacon, had a vision to bring Catalina Island paintings to the mainland in an exhibit as which you will see in Banning.   She sets the mood in her paintings by capturing light and color using a palette knife.  She has studied with Susan Sarback for many years continuing the legacy of Henry Hensche.  
 


Completing my first painting with my  palette knife, using my right hand!   It's been 3 months since my injury and it felt wonderful to be able to use the palette knife again.  This trip I complete 4 paintings using my right hand and 3 using my left.   Nice to know when one arm tires, I can keep going with the other..........


Thank you to Clidine Roper and the Banning Gallery for exhibiting the paintings and bringing the island to Banning.  I'm sure the Phineas brothers would be proud to see their island now in Banning. 

A reception to honor the Artist and their beautiful works from the island where the light shimmers will be held Sept. 7, 2013, from 3 to 5 pm.

Hope to see you there.    

Until next time, PLEASE ENJOY THE ART!   Terry d. Chacon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon