Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Updates and New Works

"Rosie"   special gift for Christmas 6 x 8 oil on canvas.

"Mean Joe"  5 x 7 oil on canvas

The above are 2 new works finished this past week.   I am moving right along and getting out as much as I can before the holidays.  I am not taking any commissions for the remainder of the year.   If you have a painting in mind, please contact me and I can schedule you in for next year.  Looking forward to hearing from you.


"The Three Wisemen"    16 x 20 oil on canvas not finished.

This is my Christmas card painting for 2010.   I am having a special drawing to win a set of notecards on my Facebook Fan Page.   To sign up, just click on the link on this page.   All you have to do is comment on the process and I will put your name in the drawing.   Each year I do a special Christmas theme to add to my collection of paintings for the holidays.   It is so much fun to put them out during the holidays.   Friends and family alike always enjoy seeing them each year.   I came about this idea from a dear friend who lives in Peru.  He and his wife had just returned from a trip to Natal and he sent me photos of them riding camels.   The scenery was similar to what I am capturing here but of course the 3 wisemen are my beloved breed the Afghan Hound.     I will put the finished piece up on my Facebook and also on my blog for everyone to see.   Unfortunately the notecards for this painting will not be available until  next year but I have quite a collection to choose from on my website under seasonal of past Christmas paintings.   http://www.terrydchacon.com/

Just to bring you up to date on where to see some of my art:

"The Hound Movement"  opened this past week at RCAA.   (3870 Lemon St.. in Riverside, CA).   Open Wed. through Sunday 11 to 2 pm.   Reception to meet the artist is:   Dec. 2, 2011 from 6 to 9 pm.


 "The Aquatics Show"   SoCalPapa Exhibit at the Newport Harbor Nautical Museum.  600 East Bay Ave, Newport Beach.    I am pleased to announce that 2 of my paintings from Catalina have juried into the exhibit.    This exhibit will be up until Jan. 3, 2011, so if you're in the area please go by.  Open wed. through Sunday 1 pm to 5 pm.


Banning Center for the Arts 130 San Gorgonia in Banning, CA.,  is hosting an exhibit of PAAR (Plein Air Artist of Riverside) Riverside National Cemetery plein air paintings until Jan. 4, 2011.   I have one painting in the exhibit.
   

The second half of the interview with  Mark Burhart is now up on Show Biz 4 Dogs.   This part is about my exhibiting in dogs shows and my art.   You can view it at

http://www.showbiz4dogs.com/Home.html


I will also be at Eukanuba on Dec. 4th and 5th  this year.  If anyone would like to order something from my website, including Christmas note cards please email me at shacone@aol.com.   I will bring them for you to pick up there.  I will be staying at the Hyatt.    

Well I think that about does it here.   I hope you can go by and see some of my art at one of the venues.  If you do, please drop me a line.  

I hope everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving, enjoy your treasured time with family and friends.

Until next time, ENJOY THE ART!

Terry d. Chacon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon