Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Saturday, September 25, 2010

"My Girls"

"My Girls"
Just finished this 11 x 14 oil on canvas for Linda Kramer.   Linda's girls Tess and  Tally live on the East Coast.  Linda is a professional photographer and it was so great to work with her for this painting.   She did several photo shoots with the girls  until the exact photo came up and we both knew it was the perfect one.

On another note.  I have an interview in the Afghan Hound Review. http://www.afghanhoundreview.com/ This interview is about my partner in dogs  Abbe R. Shaw and myself and our last 37 years in dogs.  Fran, the editor of the Afghan Hound Review  started the interview 2 years ago and we recently finished it up.   It is 8 pages of photos and our history in dog shows, breeding and judging.    I am quite proud of the interview and the cover.  The cover which is a photo I took of Abbe and 2 of our dogs, SBIS Ch. Abaca Shacone Native Spirit and Abaca Shacone Habanero.  So nice to have your work adorn the cover of a National magazine.  Amazingly Abbe and I have over 60 AKC champions to our credit and more on the way.    If you have a chance to read the interview, let me know your thoughts.   

SHOW BIZ 4 DOGS an online magazine also did an interview with me.   It is online at http://www.showbiz4dogs.com/  through October.  This interview is about my judging of AKC events  and a bio on my dog show career as well as a little about my career in the arts. 
   
It seems everything comes in 3's.   I was also called by "Dogs N Review" and interviewed about my painting that I did for Santa Barbara Kennel Club. (see the last post on my blog)  This will be in their Oct. magazine.   I think you can purchase this magazine at Barnes and Noble.   

So there you have it.   That's what I have been up to.   Well not really all, 97 sculptures for the Afghan Hound Club of America National Specialty has kept me really busy.   I do see light at the end of the tunnel they are complete and ready to pack up.   Photos of these and all the rest of the trophies will be featured when I return from the Nationals in Sacramento, CA the end of Oct.   

Until then, Please enjoy the art!    Terry d. Chacon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon