Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Monday, January 12, 2009

"Ethyl" the Pug


"Ethyl" is a recent commission that I just completed for her owner Bobby Unger. "Ethyl" the pug had recently completed her American Kennel Club championship and Bobby's friends wanted to give him something special for Christmas and to celebrate her new championship. "Ethyl" is adored by Bobby and often accompanies him in his van to pick up other doggies that will be boarding at the Shylo Country Club for Dogs. SHYLO's - A Country Club for Dogs
When I was visiting Shylo on my way to the Afghan Hound Club of America Nationals in Detroit, I wanted to take photos of Ethyl for the painting. Her favorite place is to wait at the top of the stairs for her master to come home. The painting originated from one of those photographs. I actually have a couple more that I want to paint this coming year. She is quite a character and I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to paint her for this very special gift for Bobby.
Until next time, keep on enjoying the art. Terry d. Chacon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon