Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Monday, September 15, 2008

Ayres Hotel, Redlands, CA


Exciting news! The beautiful new Ayres Hotel in Redlands, CA is due to open Sept. 22, 2008. Ayres Hotel Redlands (here is a link, just in case you need a hotel in my area). Three of my paintings from my University of Redlands series have been chosen for the ceramic murals that will adorn the lobby and the dining room. This is a very exciting new venture for me, Hotel business! Today, my hubby and I took a ride over to the hotel to see the progress. The photo on your left is of the mural in the lobby. This mural is a painting that I did of the Chapel at the University of Redlands during their 100th Anniversary. We took the painting and divided it into thirds for the 3 archways. When the other two in the dining room are complete I will send photos of those also.

Meanwhile, Abbe and I leave tomorrow for Frankenmuth, MI for the Afghan Hound Club of America National Specialty. We are taking one dog "Apache" for the Starlight competition. Since Abbe is president of the AHCA neither of us are allowed to show our dogs in regular competition. I will, however, have a booth to show and sale my artwork which I do every year and yes, Harmony is in tow! My booth number is 12 so be sure to look me up! Lots of new things to show.
So you won't be hearing from me until I return on Oct. 1, 2008. It's a long drive, but we are anxious to get started. I do have my painting gear and I am hoping to be able to paint some scenes while in Frankenmuth and possibly on the way there or home. Until next time,
ENJOY THE ART!
Terry
CERAMIC MURALS BY TERRY d. CHACON (coming soon to my website)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Terry! I know you from Art in the Park and Art on State Street. I'm the event treasurer. Was thrilled to run across your blog. Congrats on the Ayres Hotel deal. I can't wait to see your paintings in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thats prett freakin awesome...yay!

    ReplyDelete

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon