Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Isis"


"Isis"  30 x 40 inch oil on canvas by Terry d. Chacon

The inspiration for this painting came from a photograph  from  Dallas Nunnery taken by Steven Marshall, she is the owner of this beautiful Frisian and I knew it would make a fabulous painting.  After getting permission from the photographer we decided a large canvas was in order.     This past year I have been pushing myself to do some larger paintings.    I am really liking the outcome.   However, this painting would possibly look great in any size.

I wanted to capture the expression of this horse and the extreme contrast of the light and dark on her.  It's all about the eye!    "Dallas" says the painting is magnificent and she is very pleased.

Until next time, ENJOY THE ART!

Terry d. Chacon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon